Wednesday 22 May 2019

Things you like about yourselves

Mental Health Awareness Week

Leading up to Mental Health Awareness Week, we asked students to note on a paper person what they liked about themselves. The week's theme was body image but we had a range of responses and of course body image isn't everything! Here are some of the responses. Do any of them resonate with you?


  • My ability to speak in different languages.
  • I'm caring
  • My body has carried 5 amazing children
  • I like that I am thoughtful as I always put a lot of though in my presents I give people.
  • I like that I am weird and make people feel comfortable.
  • Resilience - proud to be me.
  • My loyalty to friends
  • That I always try my best and aim to make myself happy and others.
  • I am passionate and committed to my learning/
  • I like having glasses.
  • I like being a small human
  • My ability to make people smile.
  • I have nice eyes.
  • I'm tall which is OK I guess.
  • Caring less about my appearance the older I get!
  • I feel that I'm full of surprises, people never know what to expect.
  • My jawline.
  • I like being a unique soul.
  • I like having a strong will and mind.
  • The ability to be content
  • My hair. My beard.
  • My weird smile.
  • My happiness, honesty.

The BBC published an article worth reading this week called How to Keep Body Positive in the Selfie Era which gives some advice on the whole issue of body image.

No comments:

Post a Comment